Arrancar Dynasty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrancar Dynasty

Enter the world of the Living and the Dead. Join the Shinigami and help to decide the fate of the Soul Society; or join the others and rebuild your race.

HomePortalsLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Bad Religion album (review)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr007

New Bad Religion album (review) Empty
PostSubject: New Bad Religion album (review)   New Bad Religion album (review) EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 1:05 pm

I don't normally do album reviews, but **** it, here goes:

Bad religion is definitely one of those bands that will never go away. Luckily for the good people at Epitaph Records, their new album New Maps of Hell is just as good as anything they’ve ever put out.

With any band, artist (or anything else), timing is essentially everything. With every passing pocket of time also comes a particular moment, a particular sound or voice that just seems to make sense in that particular place and at that particular time. Case in point: Bad Religion during the 1980’s. Ultimately, the bad Religion we know today would not have existed had it not been for the economical/social/political climate of the Reagan Era and the millions of listeners who rebelled against it. Of course, as we all know, as political/social landscapes transform themselves, the music and culture of that period must also adapt alongside it, lest it become a nostalgic product stuck in time. I don’t care how good the songs are on Paul Mcartney’s new album (in fact, they’re not actually that bad), but the truth is, his songs are no longer relevant to American youth and no one gives a ****.

Initially, before writing this review, I thought I would be throwing Bad Religion in this category of irrelevant artists, but events within the past month will not allow me to do so. First off, I checked out the Warped tour earlier this summer and was blown away by how receptive the fans (especially the young fans) were to Bad Religion. And although, the “classics” like “generator” and “I want to conquer the world” got the best response, the tracks on their new album got a solid reaction as well. Had they been release two decades earlier, some of the songs on New Maps of Hell would have made the All Ages greatest hits album, easily. Greg Graffin’s voice sounds as good as ever, the vocal harmonies still kick ass, and the solos are still heavy and melodic. And although the melodic chorus of “honest good-bye” could have just as easily been written by Rivers Cuomo, this is still classic Bad Religion and it still rocks.

So there you have it. The true challenge is to remove the biases of time and change. If you are able to do this (and I lot of people are, although I normally have trouble with it), you will find a classic Bad Religion album that you’ve never heard before.

Read more: http://www.musicbanter.com/album-reviews/24148-new-bad-religion-album-review-punk-rock-american-reviews.html#ixzz1EHspP5Ol
Concrete Contractors Atlanta
Dating
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1